NAV Service crashes with file in use error

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Hello, this seems to be nice tool for performance metering (and if Jorg Stryk recommends it, then it surely has potential).
However, when I try to run this tool against a customer test database, when I stop the tracing, it causes the NAV service to crash with errors like this:
"Message: The process cannot access the file '__TEMP__908BBD7CB952411CB3D83D322E70B8FD.tmp' because it is being used by another process."

NAV version is 7.00.36076, Windows server is 2008 R2 Standard (as is the SQL)

regards, urpo
Nov 22, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Hi Damogran,

have you tried it with Dynamics NAV 2013 R2? As far as I know you only be able to Enable Full C/AL Function Tracing in NAV 2013 R2 and NAV 2015 (Documentation).

Best regards,
Daniel
Coordinator
Nov 22, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Hi,

Macfox is correct. There is no event trace in NAV 2013 (Version 7.00) to collect so it is strange that you can use it at all.

In any case it shouldn't crash the server. Have you got a stack trace from the error?

Regards,

David
Nov 24, 2014 at 5:58 AM
You are correct, the crash was related to another NAV server my colleague was testing at the same time. There was just one letter difference in the service names, hence the mixup. Only the RTC Client hang.
This tool would be really nice to have with one of our customers right now, but well, I just have to find another tool for performance tuning.
Anyways, this tool went right on to my toolbox for all customers with later versions, thank you very much!

Best regards, Damogran
Coordinator
Nov 24, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Hi,

Thanks. We shoud fix the client hang. I guess it couldn't find the EventProvider?

Can you send some more details?

Regards,

David